Sunday, June 27, 2010

Silence

After driving in the car ALONE this afternoon I appreciated SILENCE.

It’s not too often that I enjoy peace and quiet ANYWHERE.

There are always noises to be heard. Some cute. Others not so much.

Today I had a 20 min. drive to attend a meeting. Since the baby was sleeping I thought I’d take my chance and leave her here with Dad and see if I could return before she woke. (it was a success)

I was a good 15 min. into the trip when I finally recognized how quiet it was.
I thoroughly enjoyed my own thoughts.

I love moments like that. Ya know, the moments when you can hear yourself think.
No distractions.

I thought about church and the great messages I caught in between distractions.

I thought about how strange it is that I live so far away from my family in a world many of them haven’t seen.

I thought about how green it is here and how squirrels are taking over the roads.

Then I thought about why I do the things I do. I admit, lately I’ve been doing some weird stuff, but only because I feel it really is right.

Not WEIRD, weird stuff but "GREEN"stuff like;
not using a microwave anymore, or switching to RAW milk. Things that I would laugh at other people for doing (not out loud of course) .

But all these changes (aka weird things) have come to me when I have had silence. When I am listening to myself and the Lord.
(These changes are right for ME and my family.)

It always starts with a quiet moment and then WAMMO!
Enlightenment hits me and things start happening.

I love quiet moments. Most the time Enlightenment comes when I’m in the shower. (Not kidding)

The Lord answers my prayers, and sometimes gives me assignments,(more on that later) only when I am SILENT!

He’s talking but I’m not always listening.

I’m thankful I had a quiet ride alone today.

On a different note: I wish someone would have told me my inner lining to my skirt was jacked up all day. I wonder how many people were seeing right through me!!!
Silence isn’t always a positive thing!


Photo: Jennica drew this picture of me the last month of pregnancy.
Looks like I gave her a pleasant impression of pregnancy!

No comments: