Monday, June 21, 2010

Pay Day?

I tried to get paid for being a Mom today. This is what happens when your married to a numbers guy:


Dear Mr. Hobi,

Greetings!
I would like to request payment for my recent Labor.
I see you made payment to the facility that I gave birth in but somehow
payment to ME has been overlooked.
I'm sure you can remember I was the one doing most (all) the work, and I
am confident you are pleased with the end result.

I understand you are a busy father and it is possible this is just a
mistake.
Please make payment to the amount of $15,000.
(You are past Due on 3 other children too!)

Thank you. I look forward to doing business with you again. (maybe)

Mrs. Hobi



HIS REPLY: Make's sense. Please find below the payment calculation (netted, of
course, against existing receipts paid on your behalf)

Partial ledger of receipts/distributions:

Rent paid (on Mrs. Hobi's behalf) since 1st child (assumed 1/2 rent):
$60,000
Food expense estimate: $20,000
Furniture, fixture, and vehicle expense estimate: $20,000
Vacation expense: $15,000
Subtotal: $115,000

Child payments:
#1: $15,000
#2: $15,000
#3: $15,000
#4: $15,000
Subtotal: $60,000

Receipt subtotal: $115,000
Payment subtotal: $60,000

Payment to (From) Mrs. Hobi: ($55,000)

Huh. This is unusual. Well: can't fool the numbers. I am willing to
take installment payments.



MY REPLY: Mr. Hobi,

Please disregard my previous bill. I have been sleep deprived for the past 8 years.
Dinner will be on the table at 6pm.
Xoxo

Mrs. Hobi


Photo: Officer Hobi seems to be a little sleep deprived too.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Super cute!! Love it!!! I don't think there is enough money in the world to pay moms! It's a good thing we love our jobs, eh?! LOL :)

Brooke said...

You two may be the cutest couple ever! With, if I may add, four of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Love this... miss you!

Jaclyn said...

I think that you could easily put yourself in the black if you added your hourly wage for mothering. :) You have such a cute family.