Sunday, October 5, 2008

B+ Mom

I live in a community FULL of A+ moms and find I do possess A+ potential but seldom live up to what other mothers are doing around here. I'm not running a Company over Seas. I'm just running up and down South Ave.
I don't have important deadlines, unless bedtime at 7:30pm counts. I go to the grocery store with my kids,(yes, all 3 are mine) and No I'm not the Nanny. I wore these clothes on purpose, and yes, that Honda Accord is mine!
I am a B+ Mom!

I am a mom that kisses my kids good-bye and hugs them when they return. (what do you do all day?)

I am a mom that agrees with the dad that we shouldn't have a TV in the house, and we haven't for 2 years! (child abuse!)

I am a mom that feels there is No one more capable to watch over/protect/teach my kid more than me. (No Nanny??)

I am a mom that volunteers at the school just so I can see them at lunch! ("There's your mom A G A I N")

I am a mom that replaced the toy shelf with BOOKS! (easy clean up!)

I am a mom that doesn't arrange "play dates" for my kids. (We are quite entertaining ourselves)

I am a mom that didn't sign my kids up for After School Fun.$$$ (Probably the only one who didn't)

I am a mom that thinks an empty schedule is a GOOD thing! (R.S.V.P. thanks, but No thanks)

I am a mom that has her walls covered with finger prints, her kitchen chairs plastered with oatmeal, and a garage littered with bikes, joggers, scooters, and booster chairs! (what?? Not a perfect CLEAN house???)

I am a mom that coaches the soccer teams because I love playing with kids. (aren't i selfish?)

I am a mom who believes we are living in a crazy world and my kids need a mom by their side.
A mom that does what she can in a day, and starts anew the following day. A mom that signed up for only ONE assignment at the school Open House, a mom that didn't plan a birthday party for her 5 year old because I didn't WANT to. A mom that didn't purchase school pictures because I am a photographer! A mom that didn't purchase 500 rolls of wraping paper for the school fundraiser just so my kids could get a "Funky Monkey!"
I am a mom that isn't perfect and enjoys the chaos of an unorganized life and I sometimes even go to bed without getting the dishes done! (gasp!)

If this make me a B+ mom...I'll take one for the team!


One of these things is not like the other (sesame street jingle)
One of these things just isn't the same....

I am the Darth Vador in the land of the Princesses!

8 comments:

Chelsi said...

Amen! We need more B+ moms in this world!

Stacie and Kai said...

No your just Normal- I know exactly what your talking about from when I was the nanny! Who's giving out grades anyways?? Your the A+ one as far as im concerned!! Hope all is well!

Keily said...

Ember you're a Advanced placement mom. Love all your posts. :)

Ben Kroff said...

Chelsi just showed me your post. Awesome!! This post should be sent around the world through an email forward! I will do that for you okay? I will make some catchy story and mention Andy Rooney so it has some clout.

TisforTonya said...

Chelsi sent me over to see your post - and I am impressed - I don't know what kind of skewed curve you're working off of, but be proud of that B+, the world would be better if all kids had moms as involved and as concerned!

Annie Sunshine said...

I really enjoyed reading that. You don't know me, but I'm glad Chelsi put a link on her blog to this. And I agree with her, we need more B+ moms in this world.

simple mom/wife said...

I too was sent by Chelsi. I must tell you that you just plain out made me feel better. I just walked in the door from having a booth at the craft show and am sitting at my computer feeling quite overwhelmed with a mess surrounding, but my children are happy. . .and I'm home! I love just being a mom too. Better yet, I love just being the kind of mom I want to be!

West Taylor - Wild West Mustang Ranch said...

Funny thing about rating yourself as a mom. Yes I get that you have done this based on what the "other" moms around you are doing in thier lives. The real test will be when we are called back to heaven to answer to the lord for our doings here on earth. Wont you feel so good to stand before Him and show him your children and all that you have taught them. I bet the other moms will be a bit nervous to show thier "job titles" and 'awards' they have recieved in this world. still not knowing where thier kids are and what they are doing, perhaps they will be able to call upon the nanny for answers in heaven as well.. You are AWESOME!!
Love your Bro