Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day in La La Land

Dear Dad, (Sam)

Fall is in the air! I love the crisp cool air. This morning I couldn't warm up. Yes, I was still wearing my sexy pink trenchcoat of a robe and my cozy slippers, but it didn't do the trick. After sending the kids off to school and kissing you good-bye I made Jace his oat"more" and drew myself a HOT bubble bath! Ahhhh
Jace found me after 2 seconds and thought it totaly absurd that Mommy was in the bath. I think that must mean I don't do it enough. It really shouldn't have been so silly to him.
I emerged from the bath red as a tomato and happy as ever. (There's something magical about taking a bath in a green tiled bathroom adorned with a frog certain shower!)
Jace and I then decided to go play in the Attic! I brought down all the winter clothes and Jace found Jarom's train set from Christmas. He was in Heaven!
Around 2pm Jace asked me if I wanted to be Dora and he would be Boots. At that moment I was staring at the hall filled with clothes and a kitchen that needed some TLC and I willingly accepted his invatation.
Playing Dora required that we "hop" on the bike and go to the "Spooky Forest."
So, I loaded him on the back of my bike and off we went. He informed me that when he sang a certain tune that meant I needed to pedal faster. There I was huffing and puffing away to Boots' demands down South Ave. toward our destination.

Once we got there we threw rocks in "Crocodile Lake." That was fun, then we were off to find Benny's Barn. I was relieved to hear the Barn was located next to our house, I had a school bus to met soon.
We made it home with time to spare so we played bike tag. Our boy can haul on his little Thomas bike!
Once that wore off Jace wandered and I found myself at the garden taking pictures of... "BOO."
Then I heard:
"Dora, give me a push!"
"Sure thing Boots!"
Jace had ploped himself inside his little red wagon and was waiting for another adventure at my expense.
We were off to the bus stop. I made it up the hill with him chanting faster, faster, faster!
What kind of Dora does he think I am??

Jarom didn't seem to even notice I was at the bus stop. He and Abe were already plotting their adventures.
Jennica, on the other hand, came and sat by me and immediatly pulled out her leftover snack and had a little picinic there on the curb!
I was feeling a little creative this afternoon. I followed Jarom and Abe around and took pictures. Shadows made the lighting difficult so I loaded them in the car and we went to Waveny. (good thing too, on the way I remembered to pick up your dry cleaning!! I would have spaced it otherwise!!)
Did I mention I got a little crazy? We didn't get home till 6pm. Once again I was freezing and the kids were HUNGRY!!
French Toast did the trick and lights out at 7:30pm. (with an extra trip into Jennica's room to take away the markers and coloring book she was hiding under her blankets.)
It's almost 9pm. I hope you will be home soon. I'm feeling a little chilly again. I wish you were here to share some hot cocoa with me. Perhaps I'll save you some! :) and maybe I'll turn on the furnace!!

Love,

Mom


Boots and his red wagon


Jennica's curb-side picnic and "BOO"


Jarom and Abe doing what they do best:

No comments: