Thursday, June 3, 2010

Grumps



Today I didn’t want to get out of bed (imagine that!). I never want to get out of bed.

Abi beckoned me and I answered her call. Then we were off to scripture study....Total BOMB this morning.
A few of us didn’t want to sing or mumbled through our verses.

Breakfast wasn’t any better. I made steel cut oats with fresh fruit. Jarom refused to eat it (he went without breakfast) and Jace said it smelled terrible.
(He is my child that insists on smelling EVERYTHING before he will eat it.)

Sam and I were the only one that liked it. Poor kids...they better decide they like it cause they will get it again, and again, and again.

Today is field day at school. The kids love this day. It usually gets rained out every year but the weather is holding out today.

We still have 3 weeks of school left. I can’t wait for school to be out. I like having a schedule all to myself.
I have a pile of books I want to read to the kids but bedtime comes too quickly.

I want to teach the older two how to cook simple meals. I dream of summer mornings when the kids wake up and make their own healthy breakfast.

Yesterday Jace told me I was a terrible (his favorite word) cook. It was so cute how he said it. He wasn’t being grumpy, he was stating his opinion.
We’ll see if this changes once the others start to place food in front of him.
I love it when kids think they can be picky over food they don’t prepare!

Today I’m off to the pet store for an emergency rescue. Jennica needs more frog food! A little visitor dumped ALL the frog food in the tank. Once this was discovered it had turned into mush and left her room STINKY!! I’m amazed the litter hoppers survived. They haven’t been fed since (4 days ago).
Will they hold out till I return with food? (My luck...NO)



photo: carrying her for 9 months just wasn't enough. It goes on...but now i have a more comfortable way.

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

We make steel cut oats a LOT, but fortunately, my girls will both eat them. I think Brigitta prefers them to regular oats (except maybe instant, but I try not to have those around the house).