Thursday, June 24, 2010

Imagination at work

Each Night when I crawled into bed, I made sure all my dolls were comfortable and “tucked in.”

I wasn’t sure if I really believed they would come to life at night, but I knew it was better to be safe than sorry.

Recently I witnessed Jace arranging his animals before turning off the lights. When he noticed he had an audience he paused for a moment considering if he should continue.

“Mom, did you know I feed all my pets before I go to sleep each night?” he asked.

“Really?”

“Do you want to see Mom?”

I stepped onto the lower bed to peer over at him on the top bunk. There he had all his pets in a specific order waiting to be fed.

I love this little guys imagination. He is going ALL day long!

For a good part of the day he is talking to himself pretending to be someone else while he follows me around the house. I am so thankful for his personality.
I can get so much accomplished with him by my side. He has the ability to make his toys come to life!

I’m getting TONS of mileage off the Police Costume!
In town, the City has been repaving some streets requiring the Police to block the road.

Jace asks, “Why is he just standing there?”
“Where is his Police car?”

Now, if you know Jace, he doesn’t just ask the question once. He repeats the question over and over till you give him an answer HE likes.

After seeing multiple Officers standing guard Jace got an idea.

Saturday he dressed up in his uniform and marched outside. I thought nothing of it. Some time later I walked pass the front door and saw him standing near the street.

I waited to see what was going on, but he didn’t move.

I waited....still nothing.

Then it all made sense. He was acting out the Officers blocking the road.

He stood there watching the cars go by for a LONG time.

Looked quite boring to me but he was in the moment.

Friday Night we went to the Movie Theatre. Of Course Jace was wearing his Uniform (I forget it’s a costume. He wears it all the time)
As we were walking back to the car I noticed Jace moved to the side closer to traffic.
Sam was on his side so I assumed he was safe.
The cars kept slowing down when they approached us.
Concerned, I looked to Jace to make sure he was safe. I see him holding out his hand and motioning the cars to stop!
And they were!

He is so bold in this uniform. Take it off and you have a shy boy that stutters!

He tells me when he grows up- first he is going to be a Missionary,
Then a Policer Officer, Then a Fireman, Then a Daddy.

I am getting a little nervous. He keeps asking what will happen if he calls 911. I’m afraid telling him the Police will show up isn’t a good answer.





Word is out about little Officer Hobi. He has been invited to a neighboring town’s Police Station to meet and take part of “Change of Guard.”
Request made that he show up in Uniform.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Sweet post. It's true, there's nothing like the imagination of a child. Embrace it...I do. Thanks for sharing Em!