Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How we roll

I am a Taylor. In our family that means a few things.
1) You talk loud on the phone
2) You MOVE a lot.

Change is something I grew up with. If we weren’t moving houses I was rearranging my room. I like a fresh environment time to time.

So, naturally I am GAME when Sam comes up with a Big Idea.

The first 5 years of marriage we moved something like 8 times.

Then something happened.

We found a nice quiet place on Husted Lane and we didn’t leave for 5 years!!

Without realizing it, I had planted roots.
I created zillions of memories with my kids under the same roof year after year.

Traditions repeated with each Holiday and child after child attended the same school with the same Kindergarten teacher.

Change was replaced with Comfort.

Time does what it does best and recently I found change was inevitable.

My family of 5 is growing into 6. My kids are not little anymore and our paradise on Husted Lane is busting at the seams.

Today I find myself filled with a lot of emotions, and the root of them is due to CHANGE.

It’s time to say good-bye to the COMFORT of my life and accept the world of change that is ahead.

In two weeks we will bid farewell to Husted Lane and introduce CHANGE to our growing family.

In two weeks the roof over our head will offer new noises, smells, textures, space, and life!

I am thrilled about the prospects but afraid of the unknown. That’s unlike me.
Maybe it’s because I have LOVED it so much here I am afraid it can’t be replaced??

Our new place is still in the same town and it’s going to be great, but its scary to walk away from our “little”, cozy, familiar home into a cold, empty, bigger one.

I lay awake at night trying to insert our life now into that empty house.

I am out of practice.

We move in on the 15th, the baby is due to arrive 19 days later....that’s how we roll.

No comments: