Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3 days left?

I’m still “heavy with child” and surprisingly not miserable about it.

My due date is Saturday.

Morning after morning I climb out of bed and spend the entire day moving my pregnant body up and down stairs, bending over endlessly to pick up things off the floor and unpacking boxes.

I feel good.

Really tired at night but that’s a plus- at least I am sleeping.

With my other three pregnancies I was such a boob the last few weeks. I remember crying and feeling sorry for myself each morning I’d wake up and still be pregnant. My days were filled with hopes the baby would be early.

This time I have been praying the baby won’t be early. I have had so much to do.

I am ready now.

Grandma is being picked up at the airport this minuet and the laundry is done.

All my “little” things I wanted to have completed are done. (except the kitchen is a mess right now and it is driving me crazy but I’ll stay upstairs where I can’t see it and my lovely husband or mom will clean it for me!- standing at the sink washing pot and Pans and bending over the dishwasher with a huge tummy is not my idea of fun. I’ll use the pregnant card for as long as I can. It’s going to expire soon)

Last Saturday I thought the game was on! At 9:30pm I started having contractions that lasted till 1:30am.

Then I fell asleep and they stopped. At least that got the bag packed and car seat installed. We needed that little nudge. Sam packed the bag while I breathed.

Sam has had the week off work to help me get things put away and organized here at home. It has been fun having him around all day while the kids are at school. We got a lot done.

I love our new home. Just as it gets clean we unload more boxes and it’s a mess again. Things should stay clean now so I can really enjoy it.

It doesn’t feel complete quite yet- I think the baby will make the finishing touch.

We are all so anxious.

I am so glad we have waited to see what we are getting. It has made these last few days really exciting.

I’ve been telling Sam the baby is waiting for Grandma to get here before it arrives.

Now, I’m ready, and I think the baby is too???

1 comment:

Keri Bryant said...

so glad you had a girl. IT is fun to read this after the fact. Love the name Abby and cant wait to meet her!!