Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crawl in my skin!!!




I have an issue with the phone.

If you want to see me crawl in my skin, ask me to call up someone and ask for something!

I can’t stand to do that!

I don’t mean like calling for Pizza- that one I can do.

For instance, this week I was asked by the Scout Master to contact our local Tae Kwon Do studio to see if they would be interested in participating in our Blue and Gold Banquet teaching our boys a few Tae Kwon Do moves.

We have a Black Belt in our home so I have done my fair share of hanging out with the Masters.
The thought of doing this STILL made me want to hide under my bed.

I willingly accepted the assignment, at the same time backpedalling in my mind, wondering how I could get away without doing it!

I let a few days go by without even making the attempt to contact them.

I floated the idea past Sam to see if he would take the bate and rescue me...no luck.

So, this morning I thought I found a way around it!

I figured I’d call the Studio first thing in the morning when they WEREN’T there and I could leave a message!

8:30am I dialed the number with my speech ready to go.

I guess it’s the dialogue that I’m uncomfortable with. Leaving a message and waiting for an answer is SO much better!

After a few rings and expecting the machine the MASTER PICKED UP THE PHONE!!!!

Panic! !!! What is he doing in the Studio so early?? Classes don’t start till noon!!!

Ughh.....“Hi Master Hwang! It’s Ember Hobi, Jarom Hobi’s mother......” I spit out.

Needless to say, I made it through the phone call alive but my blood pressure shot up and I my insides were a mess!

If I never had to use the phone I’d get a long just fine.

Email, letters,blogging that’s my style!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I love it and I can totally relate! I am so grateful for texting, email, and blogs to save me from all the phone calls I might have to otherwise make.