Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pregnant


It’s official...I am really pregnant.

Sure I’ve been aware of this condition for the past 28 weeks, but as of TODAY it really counts.

Today I woke up after having 9 hours rest and slowly made it through scripture study and breakfast. I Got the kids to school and plopped down on the couch for another 2 1/2 hour nap.

I was OUT. At one time I awoke to a snort I must have caused as I switched positions. I tried really hard to open my eyes to see what the clock read but they didn’t hold up well. It was easier to just return to the comatose state I came from.

Finally at 11:30am I felt I could give the day another try.

I put on my moon boots and coat and headed for the car before I changed my mind. I desperately needed to go grocery shopping.
Sam called while I was out and offered lunch. I declined, partly because I didn’t think I’d get my shopping complete and partly because I didn’t want him to see me this way.

It doesn’t take much for him to convince me of anything. After a quick stop to Costco I was on my way to meet my handsomely dressed husband in my moon boots and unkept face.

Lunch was yummy. I didn’t realize I was so hungry. I was staring at my empty plate a few minuets later wondering if I was full.

As I watched Sam fidget with his Blackberry, across the table, I wondered what his morning was filled with. Just by his appearance it was obvious he had accomplished more than me.

Would it be fair for him to know what I had been up to all morning?

All I have to say is: “I’m holding the baby.” and I’m excused of any situation. That’s our understood “code word” for pregnancy situations aka: get out of jail free card. I use it often. He always smiles and picks up the slack.

Today I literally feel like I am “holding the baby.“ I feel the weight of it in a different way. My belly makes sudden jumps visible to others, as if this child is kicking it’s way out.

Mom called me after lunch. We laughed about how time has crept up on me.
I have plenty more growing to do the problem is I’m running out of space.


I went swimming again this evening. It felt so wonderful! My body is able to stretch in the water in a way that can’t be done otherwise.
While in the water I was moving...in the locker-room it was a different story.

I had a hard time reaching my feet and a harder time getting them into my socks. When I dressed to my surprise I found my belly hanging out of my maternity shirt!!

Refreshed, nonetheless, I picked my kids up from the play room and headed home for dinner.

I waddled today. I felt it.
Today I feel pregnant!

No comments: