Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Den Leader

January 26, 2010 8:31 PM

Tuesday’s we have Scouts. I am the Den Leader for the 8 year old Wolves, and have been for the past year. I don’t really mind being the Den leader.
Because I am the Den leader I don’t have a Sunday calling, which means I show up and enjoy the full 3 hours of Enlightenment.
I think that’s the best part of being a Den Leader.

It’s easy enough that I almost forget EVERY week that we have to go.

Sometime on Monday the light goes on and I remember I need to plan Scouts.

Tuesday after school we eat a snack, I try to prepare dinner (or get it mostly prepared) and gather up the kids and go.
For an hour I get to instruct 8 boys on how to serve God, their Country and Community. (watch them run like maniacs in the gym. They are like magnets to a ball. No one can pay attention if a ball is in the room. very strange)

I realized today that Tuesdays are my lazy days. I never have my hair done on Tuesday. So, week after week my Den AND their parents see me on a grunge day....how lovely.

Go Akela.



No comments: