Friday, January 15, 2010

disappear- A "Mommy Magic" Story

I have a four year old that is very clever.

He thinks he can make himself disappear and reappear.

He tells me to look away and when I do he runs out of the room. He is convinced I truly believe he has disappeared!

It’s so cute to see him display his magical talent.

This week he decided he was exempt from house rules. He didn’t make his bed or clean up his room. He refused to do it. After two days of toys, and clothes thrown on his floor I decided I had to flex some mommy muscle and get him moving.

“Jace, today is the day!” I cheered.

“Today is the day for what?” he questioned with just as much excitement as I.

“Today you get to make that mess in your room disappear!” I proclaimed with a hint of magical wonder.

He stared into my face with a bit of stupor but quite a bit of amusement.

“You do know how to make things disappear, right?” I questioned.

He didn’t answer. He kept that secret to himself.

“Go see if you can make all the legos disappear in your room.”

Still no answer, just a sly smile.

“Come tell me when your done.“ I stated with complete confidence in his magical ability.

Off he ran into his room.

A few min later a very proud, confident boy strutted into my room and announced he had completed his task!

”What?!!“ I exclaimed in wonder. ”You DID it, already?“

This really fueled the fire. Soon he was jumping up and down begging me to challenge him to another task.

Next came the clothes, trucks, books, dress ups, and finally the bed!

He made them ALL disappear!

I DID IT MOM! I MADE THE ENTIRE MESS DISAPPEAR!

He is so clever!

No comments: