Monday, April 27, 2009

Has Been..



Ten years does a lot to a family. Sam and I stood on the sidelines of a soccer field this weekend and watched our kids play soccer. Both of us having similar thoughts without sharing them at that moment.

"This is IT! This is what a “Family” is like."

Although I feel very young, I am entering the “Has Been” age group.

I remember being a child playing soccer. I remember running so hard my lungs felt like they were on fire. I remember the orange slices we would eat at half time. And I remember realizing I was FAST.

I DON’T remember my parents on the sidelines screaming at me to run faster, stand here, run there, or ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

So, I had a bad parenting moment on the sidelines this weekend. I was that parent that got WAY too involved in the game.

Sometimes it’s hard to grow up.

No comments: