Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Funk

I am in a funk. A Thursday funk! I feel like I am moving in slow motion. It took me all day to get productive.
I made Krista’s Chicken Noodle soup this afternoon. Nothing like warm soup on a snowy day.

Yesterday I went to the Manhattan Temple. If I attend the 11am session I can make it back home before the kids get off the bus.
I have made it a personal goal to attend the Temple at least once a month. So far I am 5 for 5!

What difference have I seen in my life? I have noticed that I feel “JOY” in doing the things that I dreaded before. Such as making meals each night, having a clean house, or even being patient with my kids.
I feel the Lord is giving me the desire and endurance to fulfill my duties as a mother. I need that. I get a sense of fulfillment.

Jace has been a little bugger at nights. He wakes up around 1am and is up till 4am yelling for me. If I bring him into bed with me he wiggles and asks for a drink over and over. I fell asleep last night around 9:30pm, thrilled that I would get decent sleep. Thanks to Jace I was up most of the night listening to him yell. Is that why I am grumpy today?

Is it Spring yet? I love the bright sun but why does it have to follow up with snow?

I went for a walk this morning but failed to see any beauty in the dead trees and frozen ponds. For once I walked around with my camera and nothing to take pictures of. Well, I did take 3 pictures:
They do look a lot prettier covered in snow.




No comments: