Thursday, February 19, 2009

Locker-room Work out!


My Man walked through the door 2 hours late with a handful of groceries announcing
He is going to cook ME dinner. (took the sting right out)

I suppose my body language told him a lot. He sent me away for “Teak Time.”
“Teak Time” is equalivant to a “Time Out.” (My nickname my dad gave me growing up was Teak)

I need"Teak time" to stay alive.

I tend to favor the anti-social personality when I am like this, so going out wasn’t what I wanted to do.

It was 6pm when I gave the kids a kiss and said goodnight. Then I locked myself in my room.
Normally locking myself in my room isn’t an escape from my little ones. I’m usually chased down within seconds and the banging on the door beings. Thus, my kisses goodnight and announcing Mommy is leaving allowed my retreat to be successful. (Dad can explain why the bedroom door is locked.)

Nothing does it like a HOT shower. I mean HOT. I like it so hot I have to sit down when I get out before I blackout.

After the shower the first thing I put on is...headphones. (I don’t want to hear the responsibility I am avoiding)
Feng Shui does just the right thing for me.

Now, what does one put on after the end of such a day? A few years back I found just the thing.

“You look good, you feel good“

This brings me to my ”Journey to Em Moment“

I’m sure it’s Universal knowledge that underwear talks. I can’t seem to wear the ones that speak my language though. I have a drawer full of “back talking” panties.
My husband reassured me they are speaking the right language. I just wasn’t hearing it.

Growing up I have always been self concious about my body. I played sports throughout high school and spent a fair amount of time dressing in locker rooms. I did the typical get my shirt off and on simutaniously. Looking back now, I realise I should have been strutting my stuff!

Last year I was bold and decided this needed to change. I did the unthinkable and faced my insecurity sqaure in the face....butt NAKED!!!

It a desperate attempt to find “myself” I went to the Gym every night for 2 hours to train for my first Triathlon. The workouts worked wonders on my sanity but the hardest part was in the locker room.

I made a goal to do the opposite of my comfort. That ment I chose the locker closest to the door (right out in the open) to dressed and undressed there! That is AFTER I showered (not in the private stalls) and sat in the sana without my clothes on!! Butt Naked!!!!

My husband, of all people, has told me over and over that I need to get comfortable in my own skin.
Well, this just about did the trick. It took several months of doing this before I stopped jumping every time the doors opened.

The saggy grandma’s made it look easy. I decided I looked HOT after one evening with a few Senior Citizens strutting their stuff.

After the showers I would dress in "fun" underwear, because they made me feel like a WOMAN and my “normal” underwear is....well,...“modest.“
Let me make it clear that the underwear was for ME not my husband. I needed to find the confident ”woman“ in myself. Sometimes he saw it sometimes he didn’t.

Then I would spend time pampering myself, in just my underwear, (because the thought of that made me squerm) till I left the gym at 10pm.

I have to admit I walked away from the gym feeling like I wanted to feel.
I learned quite a bit about myself by stepping outside the box.

Dinner for 2 is waiting...

3 comments:

Becca B said...

you go girl! I could take a lesson or two from you in that area :) I don't know why you would be self concious about your body though? so whats next nude beaches?!

Jena said...

I am agreeing with your friend becca, how could YOU be self concious about your body! You are beautiful, and i wish i looked like you after having 1 or 2 kids! OH man, i will be doing something different next week i think. Em, thanks for your inspiration on so many levels!

Keily said...

korean baths here you come....right on ember!!!!