Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back in the Gym

Today is day two back in the gym!! I’m cutting my winter hibernation short.
Although the snow is still on the ground here, I am ready to hit the road running.

Treadmill running is the pits. I find myself reading T-Shirts of those in front of me, watching the miles go by. (Not as quickly as I’d like) Then I talk myself into stopping short of my 3 miles, only to talk myself back into completing it again. This happens over and over till I reach 3 miles and I walk away a more powerful and stronger person!

Yesterday I ran and then lifted weights. By night fall I was a Zombie! I didn’t have ANY energy. I put my 3 year old to bed at 7:30pm had dinner on the table and told the others I was going to bed. I couldn’t wait till their bed time. Am I a Grandma or what?

Today I had more energy but had the hungry head ache follow me all day. Why can’t it be easy to get into shape? It’s so easy to be lazy and get fat. Why do I get punished when I take care of myself?

Ahh....Spring is around the corner (fingers crossed) I’ll be happy I endured all the pain when I am on a beach somewhere.

No comments: