Friday, February 13, 2009

Lost Bunny!


Picture: Jennica and Her bunny last year.


Jennica is devastated! She has lost her bunny!

Jennica’s Mom is devastated but a little bit relieved the bunny is lost.

“Bunny” isn’t a cute family pet. It’s a discolored, mangled, over-washed stuffed animal that she has slept with for over 4 years! EVERY night she has rubbed it’s little tag between her fingers as she slips into “Dreamland.”

I am so happy to be rid of the little hare, but at the same time my heart goes out to her loss.

I can’t express how frustrating it can be to have her all tucked into bed, lights out and door closing to hear her
announce, “BUNNY! Where is my Bunny?”
The bedtime routine gone to shambles!!! The search for the lost bunny begins.

Jennica is 5 years old. I feel she is a little too old to have such an attachment. I didn’t have the heart to just take it away. I guess I have been waiting for this day to come.

I last saw it on her bed Monday afternoon. Bunny was propped neatly against her pillow.
Jen didn’t notice it’s absence till she was in bed, of course.

I can imagine the dilemma she was faced with next.

Do I open the door and call in the search patrol, and loose my FISH?(read Not A Peep!)

or

Do I go to bed without it?

She chose to loose her Fish, which told me Bunny really does hold a special place in her heart, and the search lights came out. Tragically the search and rescue wasn’t successful.

A very unhappy girl went to bed without Bunny Monday night....and Tuesday night....and Wednesday night....and Thursday night!!

Can you see my smile get any bigger!

She claimed it was impossible to get to sleep without it, but I guess her desire to earn a fish each night so she could get her “stay in bed reward”, was enough to get her through it.

We have searched the house high and low. I have no idea where bunny is hiding.

Maybe it was Bunny’s desire to move on??

She made a sign:
Lost bunny

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Have you read Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems?

My kids never got attached to stuffed animals. It was blankets. And with my 2nd and 3rd kids, their "blankey" is a burp cloth I sewed them as a baby. At least they are small...