Monday, May 31, 2010

One sweet day


Three day weekends are always wonderful.
Today the weather was perfect for a pool party.

I decided to run to the location of the pool party for my bit of exercise today.
It was the first time I have gone running in about 9 months!

I felt awkward, heavy, and out of shape.

It didn’t help that most the way was UPHILL!

At one moment I felt I had to be running in place. The scenery wasn’t changing and the hill wasn’t ending.

At the top of this hill there sat a little girl and a lemonade stand. I never pass on a lemonade stand, no matter the cost or size of cup. I feel it’s important to add to a child’s lemonade experience.

Once she saw me she perked up and I thought, “Oh great, I’m going to have to turn her down.” that thought was followed with,
“Is she seriously thinking I have change on me?”

Once I got within ear shot she calls out, “Are you Amber?” (I claim that name also, most people get it wrong)

“Yes” I answer completely out of breath and immediately caught onto the game being played. (Sam drove ahead of me with the kids and I figured he must have stopped and paid for my cup of Lemonade.)

She called out to me again saying, “Sam bought you a cup of lemonade.”

I laughed out loud and accepted my drink. How clever of Sam.
They offered me seconds but one sugar loaded drink on a run was enough.

I ran the rest of the way with a smile on my face. I was impressed with my Man’s thoughtfulness.


The friends we were visiting live a charming life. A Guest house they call a BARN is complete with basketball court, bowling alley, stage, and movie theatre.
Their yard is amazing adorned with pool, hot tub, pond and outdoor kitchen with drawers full of soda and ice cream!

We had a BBQ which was delicious, but the best part was the dessert. BH is a girl after my own heart. She loves Ice Cream. I don’t think there has been a time I have visited without her serving us Ice Cream.
Today she served us Baskin Robins style. Huge tubs of ice cream, trays of brownies and cookies, fruit parfait, and toppings galore!

It was Heavenly!


The worst part about all this is.....I’m 2 weeks deep in a Biggest Looser Competition.
I couldn’t let my team down. I dished out all you can eat ice cream to my kids but didn’t take a bite. I’m still quite surprised and pleased with myself. I can eat ice cream till the cows come home and then move on to pizza.


This is the food I did NOT partake of:



We returned home water logged and stuffed full (except me).

When I grow up I want to be fun like them.....and rich! :)


No comments: