Sunday, January 9, 2011

The truth is....

Nothing like starting the New Year off with a little Honesty.....

It’s a New Year, and with each New Year comes Resolutions.
THE TRUTH IS- I can’t even remember the resolution I made last year.

I must be giving off the impression that I am a Health Nut.
THE TRUTH IS- I’m NOT! I can’t pass on desserts! I still eat chocolate or ice cream every weekend, KNOWING it makes Abi fussy from Nursing.

I’m trying really hard to provide HEALTHY meals for my kids
but THE TRUTH IS-I’m not good at it yet. A lot of my meals are gross.

I Love Photography but,
THE TRUTH IS for every good shot I take I have 10 bad ones.

This year, I’m participating in my 5th Triathlon but
THE TRUTH IS I hate running and swimming!

I LOVE being a Mom, but
THE TRUTH IS I am constantly wondering “Are we done?”

I try to be a good example to my kids but
THE TRUTH IS I’m a hypocrite. When they ask for leftover dessert Monday morning I say “No, not for breakfast!”
When they are off to school, I eat leftover dessert for breakfast!

I can be patient with my kids till 8:25pm but
THE TRUTH IS at 8:30pm I loose all patience and want them in bed YESTERDAY!!!

I am a Creative, Magical Mommy but,
THE TRUTH IS I hate being the Tooth Fairy! I HATE being the Tooth Fairy! I HATE BEING THE TOOTH FAIRY!!!

Ahhh..I feel better getting that off my chest!

Here’s to a honest 2011!

2 comments:

trena wood said...

The truth is Sam was really a fun, great guy for New Years, this picture must have been after the crash and that was not at midnight..I Love You Sam. Mom

Lillian said...

Ember I think this is one of my all time favorite blog posts. I am laughing. I feel like I finally know some good truths about you! It's awesome. Ahhh, I am loving the honesty!! Now if only I was as good a writer as you are, I would write my own honest blog post.
Oh and the pic of Sam just tops it all off.
Thanks for the refreshing reading!