Friday, January 7, 2011

Hermit-Theft & Broken Blender

I am a Home body. A successful day for me all depends if I was able to stay at home. I wait till the last possible day to go grocery shopping and cheer when after school activities are cancelled.
My favorite time of the year is Christmas Break. No school, No activities, and No reason to leave the house. I pride myself on the 14 days at home streak I had a few years ago.

Yesterday was the day I had to leave the house. I ran into a bit of a problem.

I couldn’t find my shoes! I was like a kid all over again searching for lost sneakers. For the life of me- I still can’t figure out where my shoes are. What’s worse is; the last time I remember wearing them was a week before Christmas. Am I a Hermit or what?
I’ve searched the house- Nothing. Maybe they are outside under the blanket of SNOW? Or someone stole them?

I’m suspicious of Sam. Maybe he threw them out? He calls them my witch shoes. (He’s not a big fan) He doesn’t seem too concerned that they are missing and coincidentally enough, HE bought me boots for Christmas.....hummm.....I think I’m on to him!
(Unfortunately, I don’t really like the boots he picked for me. They are a little to “Fashion“ for me. I’m a STAY AT HOME (emphasis on STAY AT HOME) and can’t see myself wearing them to the grocery store. Maybe when I grow up I’ll be into the cute fashion things. As for now, I’m lucky to be caught wearing earrings.

Speaking of Stealing and fashion and hermit- I have another problem. I went to Kohl’s long before CHristmas and rewarded myself with a very ”Comfy“ Nike Sweatshirt. Once I got home I pulled it out of the bag to find the security tag still attached! (The door did beep as I left the store but I ignored it and kept walking.)
I wanted to wear the sweater bad enough that I put it on WITH the security tag dangling from the wrist. Oh how I love that sweatshirt. I wore it for about 3 days. I wasn’t going to let a minor detail deny me of comfort!


The Sweater is in need of a wash...yes, I still have the sweater. One of these days when I leave the house I will take that sweatshirt with me and march right in and have that annoying tag removed. Until then- It’s mine and I wear it and I love it. (I’m also one of those people that leave the tags on my clothes to make sure I ”LIKE“ the item before I really commit to keeping it and remove the tags. It drives Sam crazy. ☺ More than once he has pulled a tag off me in a public place.

Do I have issues with Commitment?

Yesterday my blender broke! That’s a BIG deal. I can’t make Green Smoothies if I don’t have a blender! Green Smoothie Girl warned me that only one blender can stand the test of time with daily Green Smoothies. Wouldn’t you know the warranty to my blender was up last week! GRRR....How do these machines know when to break down?
I’m using my $$ I won from being the Biggest Looser to replace my blender. (appropriate way to spend BL cash, I think)
I’m working on a post about Green Smoothies- a lot of people have asked me to tell more about it. I’ll get to that.

I got iLife11 for Christmas! I am so excited about it but haven’t found the time to dig into it. I have some fun plans for blogging and videos this year.
We had a big snow storm today so everything is cancelled tomorrow. MY KIND OF DAY. I just might get some time alone with my Computer....

Tonight is Date Night with my Hubby. Time to set my boyfriend, MAC, aside.

1 comment:

trena wood said...

I am a witness to what she is saying about the sweatshirt, she did wear it almost every day, she even wore it into the church on Sunday to deliver some treats, try explaining that to your friends and Bishop, I'm sure they think you are a honest angel..