Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Letters to God

I thought i was being clever by making dinner at the same time I began the breakfast clean up.
Next thing I know- the kids are home and it’s getting dark.

I spent the entire day in the kitchen! What do I have to show for it?

A dinner and a clean kitchen. Why did it take me all day to achieve just that?
It wasn’t anything extravagant. Chicken Quinoa Soup with dinner rolls. (all homemade)

I did stop a few times to laugh at Abigail. Change her diaper, feed her lunch, and start a load of laundry.

I loved being at home all day in the kitchen.

I have carrots smeared on my left shoulder.

Tonight Jace was pretending to be Harold with the Purple Crayon. He busied himself about the room as we had family "Quiet Time." Not a word spoken but crayon in hand. This child of mine really loves to act things out.

On New Years Eve we watched Letters to God,as a family.
Our kids enjoyed the movie. The younger two were in tears after it was over. I was very surprised at how emotional they were! It took some encouragement to get them to join in on the New Years Eve "Party"

The next few days Jace was writing letters to God and taking them to the mailbox.
Sunday afternoon I walked into a room where Jace and Jennica had paper, crayons and envelopes strewn on the floor. When Jace noticed me watching he announced: "Jennica is writing her first letter to God."
(As if he were an expert.)

Kids are so influential.

I haven't written my letter to God yet.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Quinoa is grown here is Peru and hearing about the nutritional value, I bought a bag. Now I have no idea what to do with it. :) Will you share you recipe?