Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some days....

I spent most the morning on my hands and knees mopping my hard wood floors.

While I was down there I wiped the floorboards, walls, and any cabinets I came across.

Then I vacuumed, loaded the dishwasher, made dinner, and took out the trash.

Why is today so much different than yesterday?

Yesterday, I couldn't get ANYTHING done.
Yesterday was painful. I’m not sure why, but it was.

I’m glad today is better.

As I was mopping away, I got thinking about all the chores mothers do.

How on Earth do we do it?

Mothers are responsible for a lot of things.

There’s the obvious things like laundry and dishes that never go away, but what about the list of “other” things.

Things like plants to water, books to read, bills to pay, walls to clean, baths to give, sheets to change, lunches to pack,
and a billion other things.

Running a home is a lot of work.

I am so glad I LOVE my job....most the time.

Some days I don’t get out of my pj’s and the house is a disaster.

Some days I have everything perfectly organized and I amuse myself.

Some days I sit and read with my kids other days I avoid them.

I’m happy I have a house to take care of and kids to call my own.

The only way I can survive the load is to realize,

Some days are just better than others.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Super cute pic! Moms do a lot!! That's for sure! You are a darling mom!

Kami Taylor said...

I love you Em. You always make me smile. So who's job is the Christmas lights any way? Mom or Dad?