Friday, July 16, 2010

Biggest Looser

As mentioned before, I joined a “Biggest Looser” competition.

The timing was perfect- 6 weeks after my baby!

This competition is just what I needed.
(Although, many say it isn’t fair that I am loosing Pregnancy weight. Whatever you call this stuff, it needs to come off!)

Every Monday I have to report my weight.
I am down 20 pounds!
I have managed to loose an average of 3 pounds a week, simply by eating smart!
(I am NOT dieting. I am eating a lot! )

By Wednesday the results for the previous week are posted.
This is a very important day for me. It gives me another nudge to keep going when I see where I stand with the other 45 competitors.

This week I am in 3rd Place, last week I was in 2nd place.
(I fell off the wagon!)


This competition goes on for another 4 weeks.

I have been in the Top 5 Overall throughout the competition. I never considered WINNING the competition. I just knew it would be a good motivator. Being this close to the end with more pounds to loose, Sam gave me extra motivation.

“If you take 1st place, I’ll give you a reward worth the effort” he tempted.

My minds eye is envisioning a BEACH, or Airline ticket to the West, kitchen tools, or new camera!?

Whatever it is, it will be great. I know it will, because Sam doesn’t have the same disorder I have called Gift Challenged.
He’s pretty darn good at spoiling me.

So I’m up and running with new found determination!

Abi is three months old now and I am at my pre pregnancy weight!!!

This has never been the case with my other babies! It took a long time to loose it.

Granted, my body doesn’t look the same but I am back to my starting weight.

For the record, I was a good 10 “fluffy” pounds over my ideal weight when I got pregnant, so I still have another 10lbs to go.

Looking forward to hard workouts!

To be continued....

No comments: