Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nocturnal Reader

Dear Dad,

It rained ALL day yesterday, so in order to avoid the fix-it man doing repairs,
we watched an unhealthy amount of movies- but we did make a trip to the Library!

I turned in at 8:45pm- I was plum tuckered! (I haven't figured out why, yet.)
Jarom and Jace were on the way to bed when I closed my bedroom door
with the plea that a certain little boy not disturb me.

I fell asleep quickly but awoke sometime later and heard the boys giggling.

"Ahh, it's summer. Let them be" I thought. And rolled over again.

This morning when I left my bedroom I found different sized stools littering the hallway.

I didn't think much of it till I peeked into the boys room and found books strewn across the floor.
There in the middle of the pile was the reason for the stools.

HARRY POTTER!

Jarom found my hiding spot for all the HP books in the linen closet!
He laughed about it this morning.
He said it took him a long time to figure out how to reach them in the dark.

I wonder how long he stayed up?
Should I care that we have a son who is a nocturnal reader?
What parent has to hide books to get their kid to go to bed?

I'm sure I'll be begging for days like this in no time.

I hope you and Jen are having a great time.
She called me this morning and said you two had a reading party last night too!
(Humm....where do they get it?)

The boys are keeping it real here. We've played basketball, star wars, trains, and puzzles.

Don't eat too much sweets! (but if you do bring home the extra!)

Miss you,

Mom



Jarom and Abi seem to have so much fun together!

No comments: