Saturday, November 15, 2008

A STUPID DATE



Last thursday Sam took me on a date. A date I refused to go on, but he insisted. I was a brat and told him if he wanted me to go he had to find the babysitter, so he did! I grumbled about it all day and decided to get ready 10min before the babysitter arrived.

He took me to Sacred Heart University where Pulitzer Prize winning Author, Doris Kearns Goodwin, gave a lecture on her book; 'Team of Rivals, The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln.'

Once I got out of the house and away from the kids for 5 min. I decided I was pretty darn lucky to be out on a date with this good looking lad, and decided to shape up. As it turned out-I had such a good time. She is an amazing speaker. She knew so much about Abraham Lincoln, and told it all in a very engaging way. Add me to the list of Abraham Lincoln fans! What an amazing man!

Not only was the lecture great but the company as well. Sam and I had a moment (at Sam's expense) that had me rolling with laughter unlike ever before! He made me laugh so hard I was crying and had side aches!!

That night on a Stupid date; I feel in love, yet again, with the boy next door!

No comments: