Friday, September 26, 2008

Pre-Triathlon jidders


Tomorrow morning while most of you will be snuggled in bed, I will be enjoying my Triathlon.
Tonight is Carb load night and you guessed it- I am eating PIZZA with my girlfriends!!!!
I'm glad the day is here. I am ready to jump into that murky water and swim my guts out (hate the swim) and take in the awesome beauty of New England on my bike (right through my hometown) and run the painless 5 MILES!!!!
Bring it on!!!
I like doing triathlons because they never get easy. It always stinks running 5 miles and my legs are always rubber when I complete a ride. (notice I didn't mention the swim?? I pretend it isn't there)
I like completing something I am trying to talk myself out of the whole time. It's giving me a workout I wouldn't normally attempt.
Training for this triathlon was a challenge for me in the run. My ideal run is 3 miles, so to kick it up to 5 miles (especially after a 15 mile bike) took work. I know when I hit mile 4. I get a lovely cramp right in my butt. On my light days I'd run 3 miles and feel like super woman!! I'm glad I've had to move up to 5 miles just so running 3 miles is so enjoyable now!

I guess I should post my expected completion time.
I will cross the finish line in 2 hours and 20min.
Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

Keri Bryant said...

GOOD LUCK, Ember, girl!
KICK SOME @#$##@#$#@!!!
I cant wait to hear how it went.
You are gonna rock!
See you tonite!
love to you,
Keri

Watts Family said...

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great...Let us know

Chelsi said...

Good luck, Ember! Have a great tri! I'll think of you when I'm up early for my last training run.

Becca B said...

way to go girl! i can't wait to see the results. you are such an inspiration to me!