Monday, September 29, 2008

I Made it!



The Triathlon was fun. Here it is 2 days later and I am still sore. (it's the I feel so good sore)
Two of my New Canaan friends participated too. It was fun having them there. I had just as much fun taking pictures.
I wanted to take more pictures but I sadly put my camera down and jumped into the water.
I did better than I expected in the swim, really enjoyed the bike, and SUCKED at the run! (as expected)
I was well into the 1st mile before I could even feel my legs. My brain was running really fast but my legs weren't getting the message. It was a strange "out of body" experience. I eventually made it to the finish line. My time was 2:08:18.
There is always room for improvement in the run! As for the other events, I am happy with my results. This was my 4th Triathlon and the longest distances.
My friends were awesome, they kicked my butt in the run! Those College athlete's aren't human!!
Here are some pics:

Treva, Ember, and Lindsay going to dinner



Before the plunge


Lindsay's victory cheer. Her time was 2:07:06


Treva's victory cheer. Her time was 2:04:01


My victory smile! (A photographer's fate)

3 comments:

Keily said...

:( I can't beleive i missed it. On sat, I thought about it all day long. I am so happy for you guys. You all did so good. SuperMOMs

Keri Bryant said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, Ember!
You kicked butt!
Way to go!
Be proud.
Own it, girl.
Love
keri

Ben Kroff said...

Great Job Ember! Looks like you smashed your goal time.