Sunday, October 25, 2009

Horribly perfect Day

Today I did not like my kids. I sat with them during Stake Conference and contemplated locking them up in an empty classroom.

I envisioned myself walking away from the pew and never returning.

I wanted to take the bag stuffed with coloring books, picture books, Friend Magazines, and other tricks to entertain their minds for two hours, and BONK them on the head!

I wanted to take the bottle of water (that I brought for ME) and dump it all over Jennica so she would know what it felt like after she carelessly spilled on me twice.

I even thought about walking up to the podium with the Choir even though I’ve NEVER sang in a Choir! But I knew the result of that would be just as tragic.

I was in a tough spot.

How could I possibly sit through another moment with these grumpy kids?

There I sat with a child on my pregnant lap, nylons too tight, water spilled down my side and two other kids bringing out the fists if the other touched them!

Once Conference was over I bolted out of there. Not even looking back to see if my crew was in tow.
I was on a mission. I wanted my own space- in the passenger seat.

The 45 min. drive home through rural NY was Heaven Sent. I slowly forgot my frustrations as I took in the beauty of Autumn. Today was a perfect day.

Beautiful enough to put a smile back on my face and love inside my heart for my children by the time I got home.

I love the Fall. I wish I could capture this remedy in a bottle. I know a day like today could solve any of my moody moments.

Nothing compares to a Fall in Connecticut.

No comments: