Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tragic Sunday

My worst nightmare visited me today.

Words can’t describe the emotion that shot through my body when I opened my computer.

My journal of the past 9 months disappeared! Everything gone!

The video interviews of my kids and their sweet childish voices, my personal thoughts on motherhood and marriage.
My “Mommy Magic” and special moments shared with my kids. The silly things they do, goals for myself, hopes for our family......

I am a big journal writer. I NEED to write in my journal to get clarity. I end my day by placing my thoughts in a safe place....or so I thought.

This experience is devastating. I can only imagine the torture Joseph Smith and Martin Harris went through when loosing the 116 pages from the book of Lehi.

Ironically enough, Sam’s FHE lesson today was on that very subject. (pouring salt on the wound??)
I can understand, on a very small scale, the anguish Joseph Smith may have felt knowing he had to answer to God about those sacred, Ancient records disappearing!

If only I had been so wise as Nephi and made a copy along the way!
(My mom and I had this very conversation YESTERDAY!!)

I refuse to believe those thoughts and memories are gone. (Thank goodness I use some of my Journal entries as my Blog)

After dissecting my computer, Sam was able to find some copies located in TextEdit so tomorrow’s emergency project is to run to the printer and print, print, print!

It won’t be them same. I liked how MacJournal kept everything organized for me. I liked “seeing” my entries mapped.

I feel out of whack now. I’ve been stripped of my personal history! That stinks.

I’m a little sad for me, mostly I am sad for my family. I can’t go back and capture the cute way Jace talked or the conversations I recorded.

The Lord is all knowing, this lesson must be learned.

OUCH.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kami Taylor said...

you do know one of your brothers is a geek right? (well a few of them are) Grandma wood lost her journal entries and Jarret went to her rescue and found them all. It's worth a try :) Also, I have 2 words for you ZIP DRIVE. when you find your journal it's really easy to save it on there. Just a thought.. Love you, I'll be praying in your behalf. Miracles happen every day.