Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fireflies

When the sun goes down at our house the kids are rushing to get their pajamas on and their teeth brushed.

They aren’t in a hurry to get to bed, they are in a hurry to go back outside!

Fireflies dot the yard with a magical glow as they appear then disappear.

I am a mother that can’t refuse the chance to sit quietly outside and watch these little “Tinkerbells”, (as Jace calls them) even if it is past bedtime.

I didn’t grow up catching fireflies. In fact, the first time I saw one was while living in Ohio. I am amazed at their ability to put off such a glow. When they aren’t glowing they are a rather ugly bug, but once they are lit up I am in love with them.

Tonight, all three of my kids ended their day tenderly holding a firefly up to their face to witness one of the many “Magical“ creations God has placed on Earth for us to enjoy.

Personally, I think the firefly is the perfect touch to the setting sun.

No comments: