Sunday, June 14, 2009

Important "Moment"

(this was painted on a wall outside our hotel)
 
Posted by Picasa

Time is usually my enemy. I don't like to have deadlines, or appointments.

I don’t like waking to alarms or even knowing what time it is when I go to sleep. It’s all in the moment.
I’ll sleep when I’m tired, I’ll eat when I’m hungry, I’ll show up when I get there....

Well, that’s how I wish I lived. Thankfully, my life isn’t all about me and my wants.

I keep a close eye on the clock to know when the kids will come or go. I get to be here or there at a specific time because I said I would be.

Sometimes I’m not prepared for life. Sometimes I wake up and realize I am not on my game and everything around me crumbles.

Sometimes I forget to pack a school snack or flat out don’t want to cook dinner. (well...most the time)

Sometimes I want to sleep all day and other times I want to stay up all night just to have a quiet moment for myself.

“Moments“ are important to me. My definition of a ”Moment“ is; the necessary amount of time needed to regroup.

It may take as little as a steaming HOT shower or as long as few days away..alone.

However long it is, I always learn more about myself and come away recharged.

Recently, Sam recognized the need for a ”Marriage Moment.“

Ten years of moves, school, jobs, births, and deaths changes people.
Three days of love bonds them.

Three days in New York with Sam and a serious desire to rediscover my love for him made for a wonderful fresh start to life.

In a City packed with millions of people I felt the sun came out just for us.

I needed that moment to recharge and remember who I married.
(Today I took a 5 hour nap to recover from that!)

No comments: