Friday, May 1, 2009

ME, My Bike & Manhattan

 

Yesterday I took a day off being Mom and drove into Manhattan for a bike ride.
Once the kids were loaded on the school bus I loaded my bike, and was on my way!

The rest of the afternoon Manhattan was my Playground. My friend, Heather, and I didn't have an agenda we just rode away.
It was a perfect day to bike.

I realized there are a lot of possibilities for a morning in the City.

Here are a few things I saw:

The Intrepid
 


Preschool Field Trip
 


A sad hole where the twin towers should be-
 
Posted by Picasa


Sailing School
 


"Stroller Boot Camp"
All these mommies were gathered along the Hudson River, strollers all lined up, working their Abs to the encouragements of a good looking fit Man, with an accent.
 


Statue of Liberty
 
Posted by Picasa



and then I saw THIS.....

 


That's when we decided to bike the Brooklyn Bridge.
 
Posted by Picasa


 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


 



We really worked up an appetite. You can imagine my excitement when we found this PIZZA Restaurant!

 


The BEST part about this restaurant is they DON'T sell slices. That only meant one thing.....A WHOLE PIZZA!!!
This pizza IS the BEST pizza I've had. (and I have had a few slices of Pizza in my lifetime)

If you're ever in Brooklyn check this place out!
GRIMALDI'S

 


 

When we arrived we were seated immediately. Once we left there was a line to get in.
Posted by Picasa


Here is a map where I started (60th street) and ended (Brooklyn Bridge).
I followed the Hudson River down to the bridge, and back again to my car.
 

Brooklyn Bridge
 
Posted by Picasa


I returned home just as the kids got off the bus,
Perfect.
Everything was perfect.

I had so much fun, I'm already plotting my next adventure!

1 comment:

Stacie and Kai said...

Hi Ember! Your bike adventure sounds so fun. Hope all is well for you and your family.