Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am my Mom

 
Posted by Picasa


One day I woke up and I sneezed like my mom. I sounded just like her.
I laughed about it then tucked the sweet memory of my mothers sneeze in my back pocket.

Another day I gave out a "Whoop!" of excitement; and at the moment it left my mouth I looked around to see if anyone else had heard my mother. Sure enough, my husband announced; “Who invited your mother here?”
Again, I laughed at the incident and remembered my mothers quick involvement to fun.

I stood in the kitchen one morning scrubbing away at a stubborn pan when I realized my lips were tucked in, face tight, holding my breath just like I’ve seen my mother do when she is focused on a physical task.
I pull this face often but it is easily removed when I laugh about where I got it.

I danced with my kids in the living room only to have them fall to the floor laughing, just as I had done to mother when she would feel the groove. My every move felt just like my mother!

In attempt to describe, in detail, my exciting day to my husband I found my hands showing just as much excitement as they opened and paused and pointed with each expression. In mid-motion, I “felt“ like my mother in every way.

After offering a ”high five” to my 6 year old daughter, I smiled when her leg bent and went up too (like she was going to kick)
just as my mother can’t seem to give a simple high five...she adds a little “umph” to it.

My beautiful mother has left imprints all over my life. I am so happy I can remember her just by being me!

5 comments:

Kami Taylor said...

I love this! I thought of how often I see your mom in you when you come to visit. Happy Mothers Day Em. You Truly are an AMAZING MOM!

Brooke said...

Great Post Em!! Love it...
Happy Mother's Day!

kayla n kagun said...

We printed this out and read it to grandma at our little mothers day get together. She loved it. She had never heard it so she really loved it. I need to make one like this. Because I AM MY MOM. To a t... we are the same person. Hahaha. (:

Kami Taylor said...

It was neat too see her cry, (tears of joy) as Tanya read her the words from this post. Then we gave her the hard copy to keep. Even if you weren't there you were thought of missed and loved.

Amy said...

What a blessing to be so much like your mom. I don't have to tell you how awesome she is....wait I guess that means you must be pretty awesome too. Do you talk much to April?