Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

Today I ate chocolate cake for breakfast, played with number magnets, play dough and puzzles. I booked a trip to Disneyland, haven’t changed out of my smurfette pajamas, and chewed bubble gum all day. Am I the only 30 year old mom that does stuff like this?
I haven’t even left the house since Christmas Eve! That’s 14 days ago folks!!! (I did leave to go to church 2x)
I LOVE being at home! A successful day for me is a full day at home.
I seem to be more productive if I know I don’t have anywhere to go or be. Before Christmas I must have allowed the clock rule my life. Before doing anything I had to check the time or I was keeping an eye on it counting down the seconds when the older kids would be home. Why?? I really needed a break from routine to calm down. I feel so much better now that Christmas is behind me. I had a wonderful Christmas, don’t get me wrong. I think it was the expectation I put on myself about it all.
Christmas Break was wonderful. It was LOW KEY!! (like I mentioned before- I didn’t leave the house) We filled the days with reading and board games. The new family favorite is Pictureka. Everyone right down to Jace loved it.
Sam and I were like teenagers again. Once the kids went down for bed our late night party began!
We’d pull out desserts, munchies, drinks and either watch a movie or play a board game till the wee-hours of the morning. Getting back to school schedules was a killer! Just like getting back into shape will be. (ugh)

08 went out Great. I wonder what the new year has in store for me.....


Buy it, your kids will love it.

2 comments:

Watts Family said...

sounds like a great Christmas! I love the video you made below...it's priceless! What a great year for your family. I hope 2009 is just as great!

Ben Kroff said...

You are amazing Ember. Sounds like you are even able to get Sam to throw out the schedule and the need to go, go go all the time. I bet you guys enjoyed that. At the same time, I know you will both enjoy getting going on your to do lists and accomplishing more great things in the coming year.