Tuesday, November 3, 2009

it's all MY fault


Today was one of THOSE days for me. It rubbed me the wrong way at 6am when Jennica stood at my bedside whispering like a broken record: “Mom, is today a day off?” Increasing her volume with each chant.
Indeed today was a day off for the kids, because of Election Day, but turned out to be everything but that for me!!

At Family Scripture study it was all MY fault that it was cold, or someone was hungry.

At breakfast it was all my fault the Orange Juice had a mango flavor added to it.

After bath time it was all MY fault someone’s clothes were all wet because they didn’t dry off with the towel first.

It was all MY fault that bedrooms were a mess and needed attention!

By 8:30am I managed to really mess things up in our home!

While I was braiding Jennica’s hair I tried to convince myself things would get better. I sang “There is sunshine in my Soul Today” while she yelled at me, and while Jace and Jarom were fighting in the hall. It was picture perfect family chaos!
I saw Sam walk past the door on his way out to work and for once wished I were in his shoes. I bet he felt good about going to work at that moment too.

I put myself in Time Out a few times today and wondered if today is a result of a Pregnancy Moment or were my kids really that bad?
As I sit here locked in my room, snuggled in bed eating dounuts and blogging, I can’t help but admit IT IS ALL MY FAULT. I am having a pregnancy moment that is lasting a little too long.
If Mama ain’t happy aint nobody happy!

I need a vacation and how lucky am I that I have one coming up this weekend!!
I’m off to Sunny California ALONE to visit my Sis-in-law and her new baby!
My bags are packed. And I think my kids will be happy to see me go too.

Today I had my anatomy Ultrasound and thought it would be nice to bring the kids along. (I thought that yesterday, today I felt no such feelings)
I managed to make a mess of that too. I was kindly informed (with an irritated tone) that the Hospital will not allow visitors under the age of 18, due to the Swine Flu problems, but they would make exceptions for me JUST for today. (Did they think I’d want to come back tomorrow with all my kids and just hang out??)
I took that as her kind way of telling me she was irritated I had 3 kids with me coughing in her office.
I get that. I was irritated I had three kids with me too!
And who would believe me if I told them my child had not be coughing ALL morning till that moment in her office?

So, there I sat admiring Hobi baby #4 during the ultra sound with my other THREE buzzing around the room, more interested in what’s in my purse and all those buttons on the machine than the black and white movements on the TV.
Why did I think they would be into this?
I had to explain everything to Jace. He was a little freaked out that the baby was in the TV and not my belly anymore!
Then I had to enforce the Quiet game with a huge bribe so they would stop asking questions and let me and the doctor get through the session.

Hobi baby #4 is looking good. All parts are there, with a special request not to reveal the “Private Parts.” At one moment I felt it was a boy and I was thrilled, but before long I changed my mind and thought it was a girl and felt equally thrilled. I can’t wait (but I will) to see what #4 will be.

Whatever it is, I’m sure it won’t blame ME for everything, right?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh Em,
I must inform you that it is also,"all your fault" that I miss you so much. I read your posts and laugh..sometimes cry. Yes I am a big baby and your post are very touching. Congrats on baby #4! Waiting to find out is awesome. We waited with Elsa. Hugs to you, Brooke