Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Olivia

 
Posted by Picasa


For the past five days I have been away.

Away from schedules, email and my family.

My stay in California has been so peaceful. I do what 2 month old Olivia does.

My days have been filled with naps, feedings, kisses and SUN.

Naps for myself, feedings from great resturants, and kisses for my brand new niece Olivia, in the warm SUN!

I’m not sure why I packed a bag. I’ve been in my pj’s most the time.

One morning Olivia seemed to be on New York time so she and I sat together in her room and played till the sun came up, while her mom and dad slept on.

I enjoyed this moment with her. Perhaps, because I wasn’t a new mother deprived of sleep, banking on each baby blink to be the last for another few hours of desperatly needed rest.

I loved holding, kissing and rocking her as the morning light changed the shadows on the wall.

I held her in my arms long after she fell asleep and watched her breath.

Babies are so wonderful.

Olivia has brought to surface many memories of my own babies. The grunts, the smells, the burps and toots.

It all came back to me.

I haven’t been a new mother in a long time but it all came back so naturally.

Feeling my own little one nudge and push within is a sweet reminder that my “mothering nights” are not over.

I am so thankful for that.

No comments: