Thursday, August 13, 2009

Super Size Me!

Nothing comes in right portions these days.

A simple need to fuel our bodies is “Super Sized” sending us on our way to endless problems.
(BTW- I LOVED the documentary Super Size Me, watch the trailer below)

Going to the movies isn’t enough anymore. It’s got to be IMAX!!
One can’t even see the entire screen without holding on to something as to not fall over, all the while balancing the BUCKET of popcorn and GALLON of soda we pass off as snacks.

Lets not leave out the Home Entertainment. A television is no longer left to the corner stand in the living room, it is now multiplied and glorified by being hung on the walls in several rooms.

Bigger isn’t the only thing better. More is too!

I don’t eat at fast food restaurants, but Super Sizing doesn’t escape me.

I am not one to have “scoops” of ice cream. I eat ice cream by the pints.

Pizza doesn't come in Super Size but I'm confident I could eat till the cows come home.

I do laundry by “Super Loads” (That's the actual setting name) I triumphantly close the lid and say “Super Size Me!” I LOVE that setting.

I shop at Costco. Anyone who needs to push a dolly cart to shop is a “Super Sizer!”
I feel like a Giant playing house while loading the the huge boxes of laundry and dish detergent into my cart.
Bananas come 15 to a bunch!(that would take me half a month to eat) Toilet paper fills the entire cart, leaving some consumers balancing them atop their children’s head, muffins serve 3 families, Cheese Puffs are the size of golf balls, and can those pizza’s really fit in a regular oven?

We live in exciting times. Who gets to exercise patience these days?

Want to watch a movie? Download one.
Want to skip commercials? DVR
Need to talk to someone on the other side of the world? Use your cell phone.
Want to see the pictures you just took? Upload them.
Want to share them with someone? Email them
Need money? Use credit card.
My list can go on and on.

The point of my blogging on "Super Sizing" and "Patience" is actually a play on words.

I do have a message, but not the patience to endure time to tell.

So, I wonder who really reads this and can you guess what am I trying to say?



2 comments:

Keily said...

just checking in :)i love your blog. your thoughts are always so beautifully put together. kids are getting so grown up. so cute:)

Penny said...

I love it! I totally agree. Look at how we all just want right away. We're spoiled, fat(okay, just me), and want more! I am one! You have a way of putting it though! Good blog entry!