Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lifes securities

A certain someonee in the Hobi family has a few items that he carries with him more times than not.
It's similar to the baby blanket syndrome. Most mothers have at least one child that becomes attached to an item. And we fret and wonder if it's OCD or healthy for them to be connected with a "thing."
A mother with a child that sucks his thumb can fall back on: "He won't be sucking his thumb when he goes to College." We simply have to wait patiently to see when they grow out of it.
This can be cute when all is well but not when we have to call in a "Family Search" when an item is misplaced.
And it's a definite No, No to play with these items even if they were found in "Free Space!"
Having a doll, Binky, or a single toy on the radar can be exhausting for a mother! One afternoon I found someone unloaded the "buddies" onto the kitchen table,
and as I looked at them I felt a fondness toward them. I was seeing a personality in a little pile. They are bits and pieces of their owner.
I thought I'd take a picture of them to remember, in case he ever out grows them....








Sam is to his phone as a dog is to his collar.
Sam is to his watch as a woman is to her lipstick
Sam is to his wallet as a yo-yo is to a string

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Em,
I love it! You had me laughing until I cried.... to great!! & so true of our men.