Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hello? Are you there?

Last week I revisited my journals from my teenage years.    
Tears come when I remember who I wasTHEN and the feeling i get when revisiting them NOW.  
I was  explaining this experience to Sam and tears came uninvited.   

The strange thing is I didn’t quite understand “WHO” I was then, but Its clear to me now.  
Is that how I am?  Am I not seeing my true value of who I am today?

Obviously I am not the same person I was- nor should I be.  
Time has bettered me.  
Experience has changed me.
The connection I had with myself should be the same.

I laugh at my boldness in college and admire my commitment to my journal. 

I remembered how wonderful it feels to hear good things about myself.
My journals told me I was important, That I was loved.  
That I was beautiful and fun.  That I was a good friend.

 My journals lack that today. (Due to the fact that entries are few and far between.)

I want to do better in journal writing.  It’s who I am.

No comments: