Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fingers and toes make me look bad





Why is it hard for me to remember to clip my children’s fingernails and toenails?
They stay hidden until piano lessons, where they are grossly displayed week after week- on all 3 kids!.
“Ugh!” I cringe inside.  How do I miss that at home?!

After weeks of embarrassment I vow to arrive to piano with all 30 fingers neatly cut and CLEAN!
I don’t remember about this vow until we’re in the car to the next weeks piano lesson and I pass out baby wipes with instructions to dig under the nail!

The rest of the drive I am trying to visualize myself cutting their nails in hope that it will get me closer to action.
The problem is I can’t find those darn clippers!  They are never around when I need them!  Or when I do have them the kids aren’t around!

I do remember holding a pair (like a new found treasure) and making a deliberate effort to place them where I could return to them at a later time.  Problem is...I can’t remember where that deliberate place is!?!

Should be obvious right?  In a drawer?  On the piano?  Nope!

None of my kids like their toes to be touched.  They retract their feet every time I go for their nails.  I don’t get it.
Toenails are gross, fingernails are too. 
They make me look like a bad mother.
They scream: “My Mom lets me do whatever I want!  I don’t even need to take a bath!”
You know the school teachers aren’t seeing the grime under their nails and blaming it on the kids!  It’s that crazy mother that doesn’t keep up on  hygiene!

I don’t even want to go to the dirt patches behind the ears!

Looking forward to the long days at the pool where the chlorine will do the dirty work for me! haha!

No comments: