Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hit the road running!



Beginning today I am a Triathlete in training....yesterday, not quite so. I have 3 months to train for the Darien Ct. Triathlon. Over the past two months I have been a slave to my mattress and to treats. I have enjoyed ice cream, brownies, pecan pies, ice cream, cookies, and did I mention ice cream? As a result I have, of course, added a few "fluffy" pounds over the summer.
So this morning at 5:30am I greeted my encouraging alarm with a sigh of relief. Time to get my butt in shape! (literally) As I was running I felt "myself" once again. I love exercising. I love what it does for me emotionally. (the physical aspect is a great perk too) I find I am a happy, motivated, proactive Mama if I am exercising. I get things done by 9am that would otherwise take me all day to get motivated to do. I eat better, I sleep better, and I love my kids and man better.
So, I am happy to say good-bye to my sweet tooth and hello to my bike, shoes, pool, and my life again. Any takers??

5 comments:

fünf said...

Hey, I just found this secret little blog. I like reading what goes pitter-pattering through Ember's head. I think I have gained some fluff too. On the "quit" blog I was really worried at first that you were going to say you found some Italian lover on the internet and were leaving your family. Phew. That's a GREAT idea. You are so resourceful and inspiring. I have so much to learn from you!

Archibald Family said...

Somehow I have such a hard time imagining Ember with any fluff. But hooray for a new goal and fresh start. I too was totally caught by the "I've quit." Love it. We're still getting so much milage out of the clear your plate or clean a room thing. Miss you guys

Ben Kroff said...

AMEN! I find the same true for myself, Ember. I am so much more productive, focused, and happy when I am exercising. I am stuck in the eating junk and sleeping in mode right now myself. But I am going to get back in gear. Way to go!

Ben Kroff said...

I just scrolled down through your other posts. Hilarious! You are a great writer! Thank you for sharing your experiences on your blog. I have been laughing my head off reading of your "series of unfortunate events." You have been able to do some cool stuff and you have a great way of finding the humor in it all.

Kami Taylor said...

Em, Your blog is AWESOME! You inspire me. I also am off treats and needed a push to get into tri athlete shape again. I want to thank you for your words. You are an amazing woman. Thanks for challenging me once again. If I hurry I could do the Kokopelli tri in September...